Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 23 May 2017
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind west 25 to 35 knots today. Wind northwest 25 to 35 tonight and Wednesday.
Showers ending near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Queen Charlotte Sound - western halfIssued 10:30 AM PDT 23 May 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 23 May 2017 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today frontal system located over Cape St. James
By 6:00 p.m. PDT tonight frontal system located on a line
north-south over the Lower Mainland.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:17 AM PDT 23 May 2017 A frontal system in a northeast to southwest line from cape St. James
to Northern Explorer this morning will move across the BC coast
today, pushed by a strong upper trough. A strong ridge of high
pressure will build in the wake of the front and generate
Gale to locally storm force northwesterly winds over the BC waters
today, tonight, and Wednesday.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: