Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
Issued 10:30 AM PST 24 January 2017
Today Tonight and Wednesday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind south 15 to 25 knots increasing to southeast 25 to 35 this evening then becoming south 25 Wednesday afternoon.
A few showers beginning after midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern halfIssued 10:30 AM PST 24 January 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 24 January 2017 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:30 a.m. PST today ridge located over central Vancouver Island.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today ridge located over southeastern Vancouver
At 10:30 a.m. PST today frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Wednesday frontal system located on a line
north-south over Haida Gwaii.
At 4:00 p.m. PST Wednesday approaching frontal system located west
of the offshore waters.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:27 AM PST 24 January 2017 A frontal system will cross the northern waters today and tonight.
Gale force southeasterly winds will continue over parts of the
northern and central waters through Wednesday morning. Winds will
shift to moderate to strong southwest in its wake.
Another frontal system will approach the northern offshore waters
late Wednesday. Gale to storm force southeasterly winds will
Develop over most northern and central waters Wednesday afternoon
And Wednesday night.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: