Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 04 September 2015
Tonight and Saturday
Wind light increasing to southeast 20 knots Saturday morning and to southeast 25 to 30 early Saturday afternoon.
Rain beginning near noon Saturday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 4 September 2015 Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over Queen Charlotte Sound.
By noon PDT Saturday ridge located over Vancouver Island.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight cold front located over western Bowie.
By noon PDT Saturday cold front located on a line north-south over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:23 PM PDT 4 September 2015 A cold front will move eastward across Bowie tonight
Then stall over Haida Gwaii Saturday morning. The front will
Then weaken near the mainland coast on Sunday.
Winds will rise to strong to gale force southeasterlies over
Dixon Entrance East and Northern Hecate Strait early Saturday
Morning and will ease slowly Saturday night and Sunday.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: