Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 27 August 2016
Tonight and Sunday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 10 to 15 knots becoming south 10 to 15 near midnight then increasing to south 25 early Sunday morning. Wind increasing to southeast 35 late Sunday morning.
Periods of rain beginning after midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern halfIssued 4:00 PM PDT 27 August 2016
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 27 August 2016 Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today quasi-stationary low located over Bowie.
At midnight PDT tonight cold front located 100 miles southwest of
Cape St. James.
By 5:00 p.m. PDT Sunday cold front located on a line
northwest-southeast over Cape Scott.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:57 PM PDT 27 August 2016 A low will remain over Bowie tonight and Sunday. A cold front
Will form overnight and move to central BC waters Sunday morning.
Strong to gale force southeasterlies ahead of the
Front will shift to moderate to strong southwesterlies in its wake.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: