Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 27 June 2017
Tonight and Wednesday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind west 5 to 15 knots increasing to west 15 to 25 early this evening then diminishing to west 5 to 15 late overnight. Wind becoming light Wednesday morning then increasing to west 15 to 25 Wednesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Juan de Fuca Strait - central straitIssued 4:00 PM PDT 27 June 2017
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 27 June 2017 Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
north-south over Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:53 PM PDT 27 June 2017 A ridge of high pressure will remain over the offshore waters. Gale
force northwest winds off Central Vancouver Island will prevail
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: