Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
Issued 04:00 PM PST 18 November 2017
Tonight and Sunday.
Wind easterly 10 to 20 knots veering to southeast 15 to 25 late overnight then diminishing to west 10 to 15 near noon Sunday. Wind increasing to west 15 to 25 Sunday afternoon.
Periods of rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 18 November 2017 Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located from Hecate Strait
to Cape St. James then to Explorer.
By 10:00 a.m. PST Sunday frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over central Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 p.m. PST today low 997 mb located near Cape St. James.
By 10:00 p.m. PST tonight low 999 mb located over the North Coast.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:47 PM PST 18 November 2017 A 997 millibar low near cape St. James will move across the
Mainland North Coast this evening. An associated frontal system
On a northeast to southwest line through Hecate Strait and
Explorer will move slowly southwards to lie through Northern
Vancouver Island by early Sunday morning then cross the South Coast
Gale force southerly winds will prevail ahead of the front. Storm
force southeasterly near Northern Vancouver Island and over the
central waters will ease tonight as the low moves inland. Winds will
ease to moderate to strong westerlies behind the low and the front.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: