Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 30 March 2017
Tonight and Friday
Wind west 15 to 20 knots diminishing to west 5 to 15 after midnight then becoming light late Friday morning.
Rain beginning Friday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 30 March 2017 Tonight and Friday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today ridge located over Cape Scott extending
By 11:00 p.m. PDT tonight ridge located over Port Hardy extending
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 5:00 a.m. PDT Friday cold front located on a line north-south
By 11:00 a.m. PDT Friday weakening cold front located over Hecate
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:57 PM PDT 30 March 2017 A cold front approaching the offshore waters will lie over Bowie by
late this evening. Ahead of the front winds will rise to gale to
marginal storm force southeasterlies up to 50 knots over offshore,
northern, and central waters. Winds will shift to strong southwest
In the wake of the front.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: