Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
Issued 04:00 PM PST 22 December 2014
Tonight and Tuesday
Wind light increasing to east 5 to 15 knots this evening and to west 25 early Tuesday afternoon. Wind diminishing to west 15 to 20 Tuesday evening.
A few showers beginning late this evening.
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 22 December 2014 Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 p.m. PST today intensifying warm front located off Explorer.
By midnight PST tonight warm front located on a line north-south
over Cape St. James.
At 4:00 p.m. PST today deepening low 996 mb located 300 miles west
of Cape St. James.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Tuesday weakening low 976 mb located 240 miles
west of Langara.
At 4:00 p.m. PST Tuesday weakening low 984 mb located near Langara.
By midnight PST Tuesday weakening low 998 mb located over BC
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:53 AM PST 22 December 2014 A low pressure centre developing offshore this morning will track
northeastward to lie west of Southern Bowie this afternoon with
centre pressure at 994 millibar. The low will quickly deepen to 974
millibar overnight while moving northward. Finally the low will move
across Northern Bowie Tuesday while weakening and will locate near
Prince Rupert by Tuesday evening with centre pressure about 988
Gale to storm force southeast winds will develop over the offshore
waters this afternoon then spread to most BC waters tonight.
Winds will shift to storm force southwest over northern and central
waters tonight except for hurricane force over Bowie near the low.
Winds will eventually ease to strong to gale force northwest Tuesday
night as the low moves onto BC Interior and weakens.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: