Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 04 September 2015
Tonight and Saturday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind westerly 15 to 20 knots diminishing to westerly 5 to 15 late overnight then increasing to westerly 20 near noon Saturday. Wind increasing to westerly 25 to 35 Saturday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Juan de Fuca Strait - central straitIssued 9:30 PM PDT 04 September 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 4 September 2015 Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over Queen Charlotte Sound.
By noon PDT Saturday ridge located over Vancouver Island.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight cold front located over western Bowie.
By noon PDT Saturday cold front located on a line north-south over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:23 PM PDT 4 September 2015 A cold front will move eastward across Bowie tonight
Then stall over Haida Gwaii Saturday morning. The front will
Then weaken near the mainland coast on Sunday.
Winds will rise to strong to gale force southeasterlies over
Dixon Entrance East and Northern Hecate Strait early Saturday
Morning and will ease slowly Saturday night and Sunday.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: