Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 23 March 2017
Tonight and Friday
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind easterly 15 to 25 knots diminishing to easterly 5 to 15 late overnight then becoming variable 5 to 15 Friday morning. Wind becoming west 10 to 20 Friday afternoon.
Periods of rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Juan de Fuca Strait - central straitIssued 10:45 PM PDT 23 March 2017
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 23 March 2017 Tonight and Friday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight weakening cold front located from Haida
Gwaii to Vancouver Island.
By 10:30 a.m. PDT Friday cold front located from Hecate Strait to
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Friday low located over northern Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Friday low located over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:23 PM PDT 23 March 2017 A cold front stretching from Hecate Strait to Southern Vancouver
Island will weaken tonight. Along the front, widespread gale force
southeasterlies will continue tonight. Storm force southeasterlies
over central waters and waters just west of Vancouver Island will
ease to marginal gale force tonight.
The low pressure centre associated with the cold front will drift
from the offshore waters to Haida Gwaii Friday. Ahead of the
Low, gale force southeasterly winds will shift to gale force
northwesterly in its wake.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: