Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
Issued 09:30 PM PST 26 January 2015
Tonight and Tuesday
Wind light increasing to westerly 15 to 25 knots near noon Tuesday.
Chance of showers overnight and Tuesday. Fog patches dissipating early Tuesday morning.
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 26 January 2015 Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight departing low 1001 mb located over
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight dissipating cold front from 1001 mb low
located on a line northwest-southeast over the Central Coast.
At 4:00 a.m. PST Tuesday building ridge located over the offshore
By 4:00 p.m. PST Tuesday ridge located on a line north-south over
Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 4:00 p.m. PST Tuesday approaching frontal system located west
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:27 PM PST 26 January 2015 A low pressure system over Hecate Strait this evening will move
Into the B.C. Interior overnight. The cold front associated with
The system will continue to spread gale force southerly winds along
the Central Coast waters this evening before shifting to strong to
gale force northwesterlies in its wake.
Winds will become strong to gale force southeasterly over Bowie
Tuesday evening as another frontal system approaches from the west.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: