Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 29 August 2015
Tonight and Sunday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 30 to 40 knots diminishing to southwest 25 early this evening and to southeast 15 near midnight. Wind increasing to southwest 15 to 25 Sunday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Juan de Fuca Strait - central straitIssued 4:00 PM PDT 29 August 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 29 August 2015 Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today low 989 mb located over the Central Coast.
By 11:00 p.m. PDT tonight dissipating low located over BC interior.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today trough located on a line north-south
By 11:00 a.m. PDT Sunday trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over the Central Coast.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today low 990 mb located off the Gulf of Alaska.
By 11:00 a.m. PDT Sunday low 980 mb located north of Langara.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 4:16 PM PDT 29 August 2015 An intense 990 MB low passing from Vancouver Island to the Central
Coast will move into the interior and dissipate this evening.
Gusty and variable gale force southerlies are occurring
Over South Coast waters and will ease this evening.
Over northern waters, a second but weaker frontal system, is crossing
Hecate Strait. A low pressure centre dropping from the north will
bring another round of gales to the north and Central Coast on
Sunday, then spread to the South Coast on Sunday evening.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: