Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 01 April 2015
Tonight and Thursday
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind west 20 knots diminishing to west 10 to 15 late overnight then becoming south 10 to 20 Thursday afternoon.
A few showers ending near midnight with a risk of thunderstorms.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Juan de Fuca Strait - west entranceIssued 4:00 PM PDT 01 April 2015
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 1 April 2015 Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
Queen Charlotte Sound.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Thursday weakening ridge located over Vancouver
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today cold front located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Thursday cold front located over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:56 PM PDT 1 April 2015 A cold front west of Bowie will move eastwards towards the north and
central coasts tonight. Gale force southerlies will spread across the
northern waters tonight and to the central waters early Thursday
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: