Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
Issued 09:30 PM PST 16 January 2017
Tonight and Tuesday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind east 20 to 30 knots becoming southeast 25 to 35 after midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Juan de Fuca Strait - west entranceIssued 9:30 PM PST 16 January 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 16 January 2017 Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight low 984 mb located 360 miles southwest
of Queen Charlotte Sound.
By 10:00 p.m. PST Tuesday weakening low 976 mb located 90 miles
west of Langara.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:30 PM PST 16 January 2017 An area of low pressure will cross the northern part of Explorer
early Tuesday morning and will track northward off the west coast of
Haida Gwaii during the day on Tuesday to lie about 90 miles west of
Langara Island by late Tuesday evening.
Gale to storm force southeasterly winds currently over the southern
and central waters will spread northward into Hecate Strait
Overnight and Tuesday morning as the low moves northward.
Meanwhile, winds are expected to remain generally below gale force
north and west of the low's track over the central and northern
offshore waters and off the west coast of Haida Gwaii.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: