Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 28 August 2016
Tonight and Monday
Wind southeast 10 to 15 knots increasing to southeast 15 to 20 early Monday afternoon.
Chance of showers.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 28 August 2016 Tonight and Monday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight quasi-stationary low located over Bowie.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight weakening cold front located on a line
north-south over central Queen Charlotte Sound.
By noon PDT Monday cold front located on a line north-south over
northern Vancouver Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:25 PM PDT 28 August 2016 A low will remain over Bowie region tonight and Monday.
A front over Queen Charlotte Sound will weaken tonight and will drift
slowly eastward to lie over Northern Vancouver Island by midday
Strong to gale force southeasterlies east of the front ease to
moderate to strong southerlies to the west. Strong to gale force
easterly winds will persist to the north of Haida Gwaii until late
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: