Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 24 September 2017
Today Tonight and Monday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind west 5 to 15 knots increasing to west 15 to 25 late this afternoon then diminishing to west 5 to 15 late overnight. Wind becoming light early Monday morning then becoming easterly 5 to 15 Monday afternoon.
Periods of rain beginning early Monday morning. Fog patches dissipating near noon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Juan de Fuca Strait - east entranceIssued 10:30 AM PDT 24 September 2017
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 24 September 2017 Today Tonight and Monday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
northern Vancouver Island.
By 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight weakening ridge located on a line
north-south over central Vancouver Island.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today low located west of Bowie.
By 5:00 a.m. PDT Monday low located over Haida Gwaii.
At 5:00 p.m. PDT today cold front from low located west of Bowie.
By 5:00 a.m. PDT Monday cold front from low located on a line
north-south over Queen Charlotte Sound.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:15 AM PDT 24 September 2017 A low pressure system from the Pacific will move into offshore waters
Sunday afternoon. The associated cold front will advance towards the
northern and central waters Sunday night. Ahead of the front, strong
to gale force southerly winds will develop. Winds will shift to
strong to moderate westerly winds in the wake of the front.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: