Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 04 July 2015
Tonight and Sunday
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind westerly 5 to 15 knots becoming light near midnight then increasing to easterly 10 to 20 early Sunday morning. Wind diminishing to light Sunday afternoon then increasing to westerly 10 to 20 early Sunday evening. Wind increasing to westerly 20 to 30 late Sunday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Juan de Fuca Strait - east entranceIssued 9:30 PM PDT 04 July 2015
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 4 July 2015 Tonight and Sunday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight quasi-stationary ridge located off Bowie.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Sunday trough located off Vancouver Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:13 PM PDT 4 July 2015 A ridge of high pressure off Bowie will continue to give strong to
gale force northwesterly winds over central waters and regions around
Northern Vancouver Island including Johnstone Strait tonight and
diminishing on Sunday.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: