Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
Issued 10:30 AM PST 26 January 2015
Today Tonight and Tuesday
Wind southeasterly 5 to 15 knots becoming northerly 10 to 15 near noon then diminishing to light early this evening. Wind becoming westerly 5 to 15 late this evening then becoming light late overnight. Wind increasing to westerly 15 to 20 near noon Tuesday and to westerly 20 to 25 Tuesday evening.
Chance of showers overnight and Tuesday. Fog patches dissipating early this afternoon.
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 26 January 2015 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:30 a.m. PST today warm front located on a line
northeast-southwest over Queen Charlotte Sound.
By 9:30 p.m. PST tonight warm front located on a line east-west
over central BC interior.
At 10:30 a.m. PST today low 1003 mb located over northern Explorer.
By 9:30 p.m. PST tonight low 1001 mb located over Hecate Strait.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:16 AM PST 26 January 2015 A low pressure centre over Northern Explorer this morning will reach
Hecate Strait this evening and then move into the B.C. Interior
overnight. Strong to gale force southeasterly winds will develop
ahead of the low today and then shift to strong to gale force
northwesterlies in its wake tonight.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: