Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 28 September 2016
Today Tonight and Thursday
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind light increasing to west 15 to 25 knots early this evening then becoming west 15 to 20 late overnight. Wind diminishing to light Thursday morning then increasing to west 15 to 20 Thursday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Juan de Fuca Strait - east entranceIssued 10:30 AM PDT 28 September 2016
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 28 September 2016 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over Queen Charlotte Sound.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today weakening ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Cape Scott.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today low 1017 mb located over Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Thursday low 1017 mb located over northern
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: