Issued 09:30 PM PDT 22 May 2017
Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 20 to 30 knots diminishing to northwest 5 to 15 late overnight then increasing to northwest 20 to 30 late Tuesday morning. Wind increasing to northwest 35 to 45 Tuesday afternoon.
A few showers beginning late Tuesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Johnstone StraitIssued 9:30 PM PDT 22 May 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 22 May 2017 Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight ridge located over Cape Scott extending
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday weakening ridge located over central
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight frontal system located over Prince Rupert
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Tuesday frontal system located on a line
north-south over the Lower Mainland.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:05 PM PDT 22 May 2017 A stalled frontal system in a northeast to southwest line from Prince
Rupert to Southern Bowie will remain in place through this evening.
The front will eventually move across the BC coast on
Tuesday, pushed by a strong upper trough. A strong ridge of high
pressure will rebuild in the wake of the front and generate gale to
locally storm force northwesterly winds over the BC waters on
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: