Issued 04:00 PM PST 26 January 2015
Tonight and Tuesday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 25 to 35 knots diminishing to southeast 10 to 20 near midnight then becoming northwest 15 to 25 Tuesday morning.
Showers beginning early this evening. Fog patches dissipating early Tuesday morning.
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Johnstone StraitIssued 4:00 PM PST 26 January 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 26 January 2015 Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 p.m. PST today low 1000 mb located over western Queen
By 9:30 p.m. PST tonight low 1001 mb located over Hecate Strait.
At 4:00 p.m. PST today cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over northern Explorer.
By 9:30 p.m. PST tonight cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over eastern Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 4:00 p.m. PST Tuesday approaching frontal system located west
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:36 PM PST 26 January 2015 A low pressure centre over Queen Charlotte Sound this afternoon will
reach Hecate Strait this evening and then move into the B.C. Interior
overnight. Gale to storm force southeasterly winds ahead of the low
will shift to strong to gale force northwesterlies in its wake
Winds will become strong to gale force southeasterly over Bowie
Tuesday afternoon as a frontal system approaches the region.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: