Issued 04:00 AM PDT 24 August 2016
Today Tonight and Thursday
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind northwest 5 to 15 knots increasing to northwest 20 to 30 this afternoon then diminishing to northwest 10 to 20 late overnight. Wind increasing to northwest 20 to 30 Thursday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Johnstone StraitIssued 04:00 AM PDT 24 August 2016
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 24 August 2016 Today Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Thursday ridge located west of the offshore waters.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:58 AM PDT 24 August 2016 A ridge of high pressure will remain nearly stationary over the
offshore waters through Thursday. Strong to gale force northwesterly
winds will prevail over central and northern waters.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: