Issued 10:30 AM PDT 28 April 2016
Today Tonight and Friday
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind light becoming southerly inflow 15 knots near noon except southwesterly inflow 20 over northern sections this evening. Wind diminishing to light late this evening then becoming southerly inflow 5 to 15 Friday morning.
Chance of showers overnight and Friday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Howe SoundIssued 10:30 AM PDT 28 April 2016
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 28 April 2016 Today Tonight and Friday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today cold front located over eastern Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today weakening cold front located on a line
north-south over the Central Coast.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today building ridge located over Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Friday ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:17 AM PDT 28 April 2016 A frontal system currently over Eastern Bowie is crossing the
northern waters today. Strong to gale force southeast winds is
expected ahead of the front. Winds will shift to moderate to strong
westerly with the passage of the front.
A ridge will build over Explorer overnight through Friday. Strong to
gale force northwesterly to westerly winds will develop over southern
waters tonight and Friday.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: