Issued 04:00 AM PST 16 January 2017
Today Tonight and Tuesday
Wind northerly outflow 10 to 20 knots becoming variable 5 to 15 near noon then becoming southerly inflow 10 to 20 near noon Tuesday.
Rain beginning this morning changing to rain at times heavy near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 16 January 2017 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. PST today frontal system located over the Central
By 4:00 p.m. PST today weakening frontal system located over
At 4:00 a.m. PST today low located over the Gulf of Alaska.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today weakening low located near the Gulf of
At 4:00 p.m. PST today deepening low 987 mb located west of the
By 4:00 a.m. PST Tuesday low 983 mb located west of Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:47 AM PST 16 January 2017 A frontal system over Central Coast will slide southwards over
Vancouver Island this afternoon. Gale to storm force southeasterlies
to 55 knots will ease slightly this morning.
The associated low pressure centre over Gulf of Alaska will weaken
today. Gale to storm force southwesterlies over offshore waters will
Another low pressure system will approach the offshore waters today.
Gale and storm force southeasterlies will re-strengthen over the
central and northern waters tonight. Gale force winds will spread
into the South Coast overnight into Tuesday.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: