Issued 04:00 AM PDT 22 August 2017
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind northerly outflow 5 to 15 knots becoming southerly inflow 10 to 20 near noon except southwesterly inflow 20 to 25 over northern sections. Wind becoming northerly outflow 5 to 15 near midnight then becoming southerly inflow 10 to 20 near noon Wednesday except southwesterly inflow 25 over northern sections.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Howe SoundIssued 04:00 AM PDT 22 August 2017
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 22 August 2017 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over the North Coast.
By 8:00 p.m. PDT tonight weakening cold front located on a line
north-south over the Central Coast.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today low 996 mb located over the Gulf of Alaska.
By 10:00 p.m. PDT tonight low 998 mb located west of Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 4:04 AM PDT 22 August 2017 A cold front lies along the North Coast and stretches southward
through cape St. James this morning. Near gale force southerlies
Have developed over most northern and central waters ahead of this
system. Winds will shift to moderate to strong westerlies behind the
An approaching low over the Gulf of Alaska will bring strong to gale
force southerlies to Bowie late Tuesday.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: