Issued 10:30 AM PST 20 November 2017
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northerly outflow 15 to 25 knots diminishing to light near noon then increasing to northerly outflow 20 to 30 near midnight. Wind increasing to northerly outflow 30 to 35 Tuesday morning then diminishing to northerly outflow 20 to 30 Tuesday evening.
A few showers ending late this afternoon. Rain at times heavy beginning early Tuesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Howe SoundIssued 10:30 AM PST 20 November 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 20 November 2017 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:30 a.m. PST today frontal system located over western Bowie.
By 11:00 p.m. PST tonight weakening frontal system located on a
line northeast-southwest over Haida Gwaii.
At 10:00 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located southwest of
By 4:00 p.m. PST Tuesday frontal system located on a line east-west
over southern Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:20 AM PST 20 November 2017 A frontal system over Western Bowie will cross the north coastal
waters today, weakening as it moves over Haida Gwaii
Tonight. A second frontal system approaching Explorer from the
southwest will move to lie over Southern Bowie by Tuesday afternoon.
Gale force southerly winds will spread to northern waters today
Ahead of the first frontal system, and will ease through Tuesday
Gale to storm force southeasterly winds will spread to southern
offshore waters Tuesday morning and will spread to central and
northern waters Tuesday afternoon. Winds will ease behind the
Frontal system Tuesday night.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: