Issued 04:00 PM PST 06 February 2016
Tonight and Sunday
Wind light increasing to northeasterly outflow 10 to 15 knots this evening and to northeasterly outflow 15 to 25 after midnight.
Periods of rain beginning near noon Sunday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 6 February 2016 Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 5:00 a.m. PST Sunday frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over Haida Gwaii.
At 4:00 p.m. PST today ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over the South Coast.
By 5:00 a.m. PST Sunday ridge located over BC interior.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:48 PM PST 6 February 2016 A frontal system will approach the offshore waters this afternoon.
The system will move eastward to Bowie by Sunday morning and will
reach the North Coast by Sunday afternoon. Ahead of the front, gale
to storm force southeasterly winds will prevail over northern and
central waters later today through Sunday.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: