Issued 10:30 AM PST 18 January 2017
Today Tonight and Thursday
Wind northerly outflow 10 to 20 knots becoming southerly inflow 10 to 15 this afternoon then becoming northerly outflow 10 to 20 this evening.
Rain at times heavy.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 18 January 2017 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:30 a.m. PST today low 967 mb located over northern Bowie.
By 9:30 p.m. PST tonight departing low located over the Alaska
At 10:30 a.m. PST today trough located over southern Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today trough located over northern Vancouver
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:25 AM PST 18 January 2017 A low pressure centre over Northern Bowie will move northward to lie
over the Alaska Panhandle this evening.
Gale force southeasterlies over the northern waters will ease by
This afternoon as the low departs.
A trough of low pressure approaching Vancouver Island today will
maintain gale force southerly winds across the southern waters.
These winds will ease to strong winds by early this evening as the
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: