Hecate Strait - southern half
Issued 04:00 AM PST 28 January 2015
Today Tonight and Thursday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 20 to 30 knots becoming southeast 25 to 35 near noon then becoming southeast 20 to 30 Thursday morning.
Rain beginning early this morning.
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Hecate Strait - southern halfIssued 04:00 AM PST 28 January 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 28 January 2015 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:30 a.m. PST today dissipating ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over central Vancouver Island.
At 10:30 a.m. PST today cold front located over western Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Thursday cold front located on a line north-south
over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:15 AM PST 28 January 2015 Strong to gale force southeasterly winds have developed over the
northern coastal waters in advance of a slow moving cold front
approaching from the southwest. This front is forecast to rapidly
weaken over Hecate Strait Thursday morning with winds
Dropping below gale force.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: