Hecate Strait - southern half
Issued 04:00 PM PST 19 November 2017
Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind west 5 to 15 knots becoming light late this evening then increasing to southeast 10 to 20 after midnight. Wind increasing to southeast 20 to 30 early Monday morning and to southeast 30 to 35 Monday evening.
Chance of showers late this afternoon and this evening. A few showers beginning Monday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Hecate Strait - southern halfIssued 4:00 PM PST 19 November 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 19 November 2017 Tonight and Monday At 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over southern Vancouver Island.
By 8:00 p.m. PST tonight departing frontal system located on a
line northeast-southwest over the southern Lower Mainland.
At 10:00 p.m. PST tonight building frontal system located west
By 10:00 p.m. PST Monday frontal system located over Hecate Strait.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:45 PM PST 19 November 2017 A frontal system on a northeast to southwest line through Southern
Vancouver Island will move southwards to lie through the Lower
Mainland by early this evening. A second front will move across
Haida Gwaii on Monday evening.
Gale force southerly winds will prevail ahead of the first front
And then ease to moderate westerly behind the system early evening.
Winds will rise to gale force southerly over Bowie by Monday
Morning ahead of the second front.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: