Hecate Strait - southern half
Issued 10:30 AM PST 19 January 2017
Today Tonight and Friday
Wind westerly 15 knots diminishing to light early this evening then increasing to southeast 15 to 25 late overnight. Wind backing to northeast 15 to 25 Friday morning.
A few showers ending Friday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 19 January 2017 Today Tonight and Friday At 10:30 a.m. PST today departing trough located over the South
At 5:00 p.m. PST today building ridge located over the South Coast.
By 5:00 a.m. PST Friday ridge located over BC interior.
At 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located west of the offshore
By 5:00 a.m. PST Friday frontal system located over Explorer.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:25 AM PST 19 January 2017 A weak trough currently over the central and South Coast will move
inland to be replaced by a weak ridge early tomorrow. This ridge
Will also push into the BC Interior and a frontal system will
Move to lie over the South Coast midday Friday. In advance of
This larger system, gale force southeasterly or easterly winds will
develop over parts of the southern and central waters tonight
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: