Issued 04:00 AM PST 05 December 2016
Today Tonight and Tuesday
Wind southeast 10 to 15 knots diminishing to light near noon then increasing to northeast 10 to 20 early this evening. Wind increasing to northeast 20 to 30 near midnight then diminishing to northeast 10 to 20 near noon Tuesday.
A few showers ending near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 5 December 2016 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. PST today low located west of Haida Gwaii.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today weakening low 1014 mb located southwest of
At 4:00 a.m. PST today quasi-stationary ridge located over BC
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:50 AM PST 5 December 2016 A low pressure system west of Haida Gwaii is slowly moving southward.
Gale force northerly or northwesterly winds will continue over the
offshore waters today and tonight. The winds will ease overnight as
the low moves to Washington coast and weakens.
A quasi-stationary ridge of high pressure over the BC Interior in
combination with a low pressure system over the BC waters will
produce gale force outflow winds through the mainland inlets. Cold
temperatures from the strong Arctic outflow winds will give a risk of
moderate freezing spray through the mainland inlets overnight
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: