Issued 09:30 PM PST 30 November 2015
Tonight and Tuesday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 15 to 25 knots increasing to southeast 30 to 40 Tuesday afternoon.
A few showers.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Haro StraitIssued 9:30 PM PST 30 November 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 30 November 2015 Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located west of Haida Gwaii.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Tuesday departing frontal system located over
the North Coast.
At 1:00 a.m. PST Tuesday intensifying frontal system located
By 7:00 p.m. PST Tuesday frontal system located over Vancouver
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight weakening ridge located over BC interior.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:27 PM PST 30 November 2015 A north to south aligned front west of Haida Gwaii will move eastward
through the North Coast tonight. Gale to storm force southeasterlies
will prevail over most waters ahead of the front.
On Tuesday, another frontal system will move through the South Coast
bringing gale to storm force southeasterlies, while winds remain
mostly moderate to strong southerly over the north.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: