Issued 04:00 AM PST 02 December 2016
Today Tonight and Saturday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 15 to 25 knots increasing to southeast 25 to 35 this afternoon then diminishing to southwest 15 to 20 early this evening. Wind diminishing to southwest 10 to 15 Saturday afternoon.
A few showers.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Haro StraitIssued 04:00 AM PST 02 December 2016
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 2 December 2016 Today Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 a.m. PST today cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over Queen Charlotte Sound.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today departing cold front located on a line
north-south over the Lower Mainland.
At 4:00 a.m. PST today quasi-stationary low located off the Alaska
Marine Weather StatementIssued 4:00 AM PST 2 December 2016 A deep low pressure centre will move into the Gulf of Alaska today
and slowly weaken through Saturday. The corresponding cold front
located over the Queen Charlotte Sound this morning will move
southward across the southern waters today.
Gale to storm force southeasterly winds ahead of the front will
Shift to gale to storm force westerlies this morning over northern
and central waters. Over Northern Bowie hurricane force westerlies
are expected this morning. Gale force westerlies will continue for
northern and central waters through Saturday. Over southern waters,
winds will rise to gale force southeasterly ahead of the front this
afternoon, before shifting to westerly and weakening in its wake this
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: