Issued 09:30 PM PDT 20 April 2015
Tonight and Tuesday
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southwest 5 to 15 knots except southwest 20 over southern sections. Wind becoming southwest 15 to 25 Tuesday afternoon.
Chance of showers Tuesday late in the day.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Haro StraitIssued 9:30 PM PDT 20 April 2015
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 20 April 2015 Tonight and Tuesday By 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight weakening cold front located over the
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday building ridge located west of the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:27 PM PDT 20 April 2015 A ridge of high pressure will build west of the offshore waters
tonight and Tuesday. Ahead of the ridge, strong to gale force
northwesterly winds will develop over most central and southern
waters early Tuesday and will persist through Tuesday night.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: