Issued 04:00 AM PST 21 November 2017
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind east 5 to 15 knots increasing to southeast 15 to 25 Wednesday morning.
Rain beginning early this morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 21 November 2017 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 a.m. PST today frontal system located southwest of Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today departing frontal system located on a line
east-west over southern Bowie.
At 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located southwest of Explorer.
By 7:00 a.m. PST Wednesday frontal system located on a line
north-south over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:55 AM PST 21 November 2017 A frontal system approaching Explorer from the southwest will move
To lie over Southern Bowie by Tuesday afternoon before moving off to
the northwest. A second front will move up from southwest of
Explorer to lie over Haida Gwaii Wednesday morning.
Gale to storm force southeasterly winds will spread to southern
offshore waters this morning and will spread to central and
Northern waters this afternoon. Storm force winds will ease by this
evening. Widespread southerly gale force winds will continue through
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: