Issued 10:30 AM PST 24 January 2017
Today Tonight and Wednesday
Chance of drizzle Wednesday.
Issued 04:00 AM PST 24 January 2017
Thursday Wind light.
Friday Wind southeast 5 to 15 knots.
Saturday Wind southeast 5 to 15 knots.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 24 January 2017 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:30 a.m. PST today ridge located over central Vancouver Island.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today ridge located over southeastern Vancouver
At 10:30 a.m. PST today frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Wednesday frontal system located on a line
north-south over Haida Gwaii.
At 4:00 p.m. PST Wednesday approaching frontal system located west
of the offshore waters.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:27 AM PST 24 January 2017 A frontal system will cross the northern waters today and tonight.
Gale force southeasterly winds will continue over parts of the
northern and central waters through Wednesday morning. Winds will
shift to moderate to strong southwest in its wake.
Another frontal system will approach the northern offshore waters
late Wednesday. Gale to storm force southeasterly winds will
Develop over most northern and central waters Wednesday afternoon
And Wednesday night.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: