Issued 04:00 AM PST 29 November 2015
Today Tonight and Monday
Wind northerly 5 to 15 knots becoming light near noon then becoming easterly 5 to 15 Monday morning.
Rain beginning Monday afternoon. Fog patches dissipating near noon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 29 November 2015 Today Tonight and Monday At 4:00 a.m. PST today weakening ridge located over BC interior.
At 4:00 a.m. PST today quasi-stationary frontal system located
At noon PST today low 998 mb located southwest of Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Monday low 1003 mb located over southern Explorer.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:56 AM PST 29 November 2015 A north to south aligned front lying over Bowie will remain
quasi-stationary today and tonight. Southerly gales will continue
over northern waters and will spread to central waters this morning.
The front will weaken later tonight.
A low pressure system southwest of Explorer will track northeastward
to reach Southern Explorer Monday afternoon. Ahead of the system gale
force southerly winds will develop over southern offshore waters this
morning. The gale force winds will spread to central and northern
waters tonight through Monday.
A series of low pressure systems will pass through BC waters in the
coming week. Gale to storm force winds are expected to prevail
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: