Explorer - northwestern half
Issued 04:00 AM PST 18 January 2017
Today Tonight and Thursday
Wind southwest 15 to 25 knots veering to northwest 10 to 20 near noon then diminishing to light Thursday morning. Wind increasing to southeast 15 to 25 Thursday evening.
Periods of rain changing to chance of showers overnight and Thursday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 18 January 2017 Today Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 a.m. PST today low 966 mb located over northern Bowie.
By 9:30 p.m. PST tonight departing low located over the Alaska
At 4:00 a.m. PST today trough located southwest of Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today trough located over northern Vancouver
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:14 PM PST 17 January 2017 A low pressure centre over Bowie will slowly track northward and
reach the Alaska Panhandle Wednesday evening.
Gale to storm force southeasterly winds will continue tonight over
most waters. Winds will ease on Wednesday over the central and
northern waters as the low departs.
A trough of low pressure approaching Vancouver Island on Wednesday
morning will maintain gale to storm force southeasterly winds over
the southern waters. Winds over the southern waters will ease late
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: