Explorer - northwestern half
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 23 September 2017
Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 10 to 20 knots becoming southwest 15 to 25 after midnight then increasing to southwest 25 to 35 Sunday afternoon.
Chance of showers changing to rain late overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Explorer - northwestern halfIssued 4:00 PM PDT 23 September 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 23 September 2017 Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
Queen Charlotte Sound.
By 5:00 a.m. PDT Sunday ridge located on a line north-south over
At 10:30 a.m. PDT Sunday low located west of Bowie.
By 9:30 p.m. PDT Sunday low located over Bowie.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT Sunday cold front from low located west of Bowie.
By 9:30 p.m. PDT Sunday cold front from low located on a line
north-south over Queen Charlotte Sound.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:57 PM PDT 23 September 2017 A ridge of high pressure over Queen Charlotte Sound will shift to
The southeast and lie over Vancouver Island by Sunday morning. A
Low pressure system from the Pacific will move into offshore waters
Sunday afternoon. The associated cold front will advance towards the
northern and central waters Sunday night. Ahead of the front, strong
to gale force southerly winds will develop. Winds will shift to
strong to moderate westerly winds in the wake of the front.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: