Explorer - northwestern half
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 28 August 2016
Today Tonight and Monday
Wind southwest 20 to 25 knots diminishing to southwest 10 to 20 near midnight.
A few showers.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 28 August 2016 Today Tonight and Monday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary low located over Bowie.
By noon PDT today quasi-stationary cold front located over eastern
Queen Charlotte Sound.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:22 AM PDT 28 August 2016 A quasi-stationary low centre will remain over Bowie region today
through Monday. A cold front to southeast of the low will stall
Over central BC waters near noon. Strong to gale force
southeasterlies ahead of the front will shift to moderate to
Strong southwesterlies in its wake. Strong to gale force
Winds will persist west of Haida Gwaii near the low.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: