Explorer - northwestern half
Issued 09:30 PM PST 24 November 2015
Tonight and Wednesday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northeast 25 to 35 knots becoming northeast 25 late overnight then diminishing to northeast 10 to 20 Wednesday morning. Wind veering to southeast 15 Wednesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Explorer - northwestern halfIssued 9:30 PM PST 24 November 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 24 November 2015 Tonight and Wednesday By 9:30 p.m. PST tonight weakening trough located from Vancouver
Island to the North Coast.
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight quasi-stationary ridge located over
northern BC interior.
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over northern Bowie.
By 9:30 p.m. PST Wednesday ridge located on a line north-south
over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:12 PM PST 24 November 2015 A strong Arctic outflow pattern will continue tonight as a ridge
remains over the BC Interior and a trough of low pressure remains
anchored along the coast.
Strong to gale force northerly outflows through central coastal
inlets and Howe Sound will continue tonight before easing over most
areas Wednesday morning.
Strong to gale force northerlies across Haro Strait and Juan de Fuca
east entrance will ease to moderate winds tonight.
Gale force northerly winds will continue tonight from Southern Hecate
Strait southwards off Northwestern Vancouver island and into
Explorer. These winds will ease to widespread strong northerlies
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: