Explorer - northwestern half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 01 April 2015
Today Tonight and Thursday
Wind northwest 20 to 25 knots backing to westerly 10 to 20 early this morning then increasing to southwest 20 to 30 this evening. Wind diminishing to west 10 to 20 Thursday afternoon.
Showers ending Thursday morning. Risk of thunderstorms early this morning. A few showers Thursday late in the day.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 1 April 2015 Today Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today building ridge located on a line north-south
over western Bowie.
By 8:00 p.m. PDT tonight ridge located over Cape Scott.
At 5:00 p.m. PDT today cold front located west of Bowie.
By 5:00 a.m. PDT Thursday cold front located over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:44 AM PDT 1 April 2015 A cold front will approach offshore waters this afternoon. The
Cold front will move eastwards towards the North and Central Coasts
Gale force southerlies will develop over the Bowie later this
afternoon and across northern and central waters tonight. Gale
Force southerlies will develop over Hecate Strait early Thursday
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: