Explorer - northwestern half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 21 April 2015
Today Tonight and Wednesday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 30 knots backing to southwest 15 to 25 Wednesday morning then increasing to south 30 to 40 near noon Wednesday.
Periods of rain beginning near noon Wednesday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Explorer - northwestern halfIssued 04:00 AM PDT 21 April 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 21 April 2015 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today building ridge located west of the offshore
By 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight ridge located on a line north-south
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Wednesday cold front located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Wednesday cold front located on a line north-south
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:47 AM PDT 21 April 2015 A ridge of high pressure building over west of the offshore waters
will shift eastward to Haida Gwaii Wednesday morning. Ahead of the
ridge, strong to gale force northwesterly winds will prevail today
and tonight over central and southern waters.
A frontal system will approach the northern offshore waters Wednesday
morning. Ahead of the system, gale force southerly or southeasterly
winds will develop over most northern and central waters on
Wednesday. The winds will shift to strong to gale force westerlies in
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: