Explorer - northwestern half
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 27 March 2017
Tonight and Tuesday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 25 to 35 knots becoming west 25 late overnight then diminishing to southwest 15 Tuesday evening.
Rain ending Tuesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Explorer - northwestern halfIssued 9:30 PM PDT 27 March 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 27 March 2017 Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight frontal system located over Queen
By noon PDT Tuesday frontal system located on a line north-south
over central Vancouver Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:21 PM PDT 27 March 2017 A frontal system lying over Queen Charlotte Sound will slowly track
across Northern Vancouver Island tonight. Gale force southerlies
Will continue to develop over central and northern waters late this
Marginal southerly storm force winds will develop briefly from
Southern Hecate Strait to the headlands of Vancouver Island late this
evening. Winds will ease to strong westerlies in the wake of the
front on Tuesday.
In addition, as the frontal wave slides down the coast on Tuesday,
southeast gale force winds will develop over Northern Strait of
Georgia Tuesday morning.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: