Explorer - northwestern half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 30 March 2017
Today Tonight and Friday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind west 10 to 15 knots backing to south 10 to 20 this morning then increasing to south 20 to 30 early this afternoon. Wind increasing to south 30 to 40 early this evening then diminishing to southwest 15 to 25 Friday morning.
Periods of rain beginning late this afternoon and ending Friday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Explorer - northwestern halfIssued 04:00 AM PDT 30 March 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 30 March 2017 Today Tonight and Friday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today ridge located over Cape St. James extending
By 8:00 p.m. PDT tonight ridge located over Port Hardy extending
At 11:00 a.m. PDT today cold front located over 53N 146W extending
By 11:00 p.m. PDT tonight cold front located over Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:45 AM PDT 30 March 2017 A ridge over cape St. James extending southwards will result in
strong to gale force winds for southern sections of West Vancouver
A cold front will approach the offshore waters. The cold front
Will lie over Bowie by late this evening. Ahead of the front winds
will rise to gale force southeasterlies up to 45 knots over
Offshore, northern, and central waters.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: