Explorer - southeastern half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 29 March 2015
Today Tonight and Monday
Wind west 20 knots backing to south 5 to 15 this morning then to southeast 20 late this afternoon. Wind increasing to southwest 20 to 30 this evening then diminishing to northwest 15 to 20 Monday afternoon.
Periods of rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 29 March 2015 Today Tonight and Monday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today dissipating cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over southern Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today low located west of Explorer.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Monday low located over Cape St. James.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:08 AM PDT 29 March 2015 An approaching low will track northward across the offshore waters
tonight and reach Haida Gwaii on Monday morning before moving into
the B.C. Interior in the afternoon. Ahead of the low, gale force
southeasterlies will develop over Explorer and central waters this
evening and spread to northern waters overnight. In its wake, the
winds will shift to strong to gale force westerlies.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: