Explorer - southeastern half
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 28 April 2016
Tonight and Friday
Wind southwest 15 to 25 knots veering to northwest 15 to 25 this evening then increasing to northwest 25 to 30 near noon Friday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 28 April 2016 Tonight and Friday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today weakening cold front located over Hecate
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Friday building ridge located over Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Friday ridge located from Explorer to Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:35 PM PDT 28 April 2016 A ridge will build over Explorer overnight through Friday. Strong to
gale force northwesterly to westerly winds will develop over southern
waters tonight and Friday.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: