Explorer - southeastern half
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 29 April 2016
Tonight and Saturday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 20 to 30 knots except northwest 30 to 35 over southeastern sections. Wind becoming northwest 15 to 25 near midnight then diminishing to variable 5 to 15 late Saturday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Explorer - southeastern halfIssued 9:30 PM PDT 29 April 2016
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 29 April 2016 Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight ridge located on a line north-south over
Queen Charlotte Sound.
By 11:00 a.m. PDT Saturday weakening ridge located on a line
north-south over northern Vancouver Island.
At 8:00 a.m. PDT Saturday frontal system located over western Bowie.
By 8:00 p.m. PDT Saturday weakening frontal system located on a
line northeast-southwest over northwestern Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:17 PM PDT 29 April 2016 A ridge of high pressure over Queen Charlotte Sound this evening
Will produce strong to gale force west to northwest winds over
southern waters. Winds will ease to moderate to strong overnight as
the ridge weakens and settles over Northern Vancouver Island.
A frontal system will approach Bowie this evening and move onto the
North Coast by Saturday afternoon. Gale force southeasterly winds
will develop ahead of the front over northern waters later tonight
and will continue into Saturday.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: