Explorer - southeastern half
Issued 04:00 AM PST 18 January 2017
Today Tonight and Thursday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southerly 15 to 25 knots increasing to southerly 35 to 45 this morning then diminishing to southwest 15 to 25 near noon. Wind veering to northwest 10 to 20 near midnight then backing to southwest 10 to 20 Thursday morning. Wind backing to southeast 15 to 25 Thursday evening.
Periods of rain changing to chance of showers overnight and Thursday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Explorer - southeastern halfIssued 04:00 AM PST 18 January 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 18 January 2017 Today Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 a.m. PST today low 966 mb located over northern Bowie.
By 9:30 p.m. PST tonight departing low located over the Alaska
At 4:00 a.m. PST today trough located southwest of Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today trough located over northern Vancouver
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:59 AM PST 18 January 2017 A low pressure centre over Northern Bowie will move northward to lie
over the Alaska Panhandle this evening.
Gale to storm force southeasterlies over the central and northern
waters will ease this morning as the low departs.
A trough of low pressure approaching Vancouver Island this morning
will maintain gale to storm force southeasterly winds over the
southern waters. These winds will ease late this afternoon as the
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: