Explorer - southeastern half
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 27 August 2016
Tonight and Sunday
Wind southwest 5 to 15 knots increasing to southwest 15 to 20 late overnight then backing to south 20 to 25 late Sunday morning.
Showers beginning early Sunday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 27 August 2016 Tonight and Sunday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight quasi-stationary low located over Bowie.
At midnight PDT tonight cold front located 100 miles southwest of
Cape St. James.
By 5:00 p.m. PDT Sunday cold front located on a line
northwest-southeast over Cape Scott.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:25 PM PDT 27 August 2016 A low centre will remain over Bowie region tonight and Sunday. A cold
front will form overnight to the south of the low and move to central
BC waters late Sunday morning. Strong to gale force southeasterlies
ahead of the front will shift to moderate to strong southwesterlies
in its wake.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: