Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
Issued 04:00 PM PST 18 January 2017
Tonight and Thursday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind easterly 30 to 40 knots veering to southerly 30 to 40 early this evening then diminishing to southerly 20 to 30 late this evening. Wind diminishing to westerly 10 to 15 late overnight then becoming southeast 10 to 20 Thursday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine IslandIssued 4:00 PM PST 18 January 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 18 January 2017 Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 p.m. PST today low 969 mb located over northern Bowie.
By 9:30 p.m. PST tonight departing low located over the Alaska
At 4:00 p.m. PST today trough located near Cape Scott.
By 7:00 p.m. PST tonight weakening trough located over the Central
At 4:00 a.m. PST Thursday approaching ridge located over the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 4:01 PM PST 18 January 2017 A low pressure centre over Northern Bowie will depart northward this
evening. Gale force southerlies over the outer northern waters will
ease to strong westerlies this evening.
A trough of low pressure just north of Cape Scott will maintain gale
force southerly winds across the northern parts of Vancouver Island.
The trough will move into the Central Coast early this evening
bringing brief easterly gales followed quickly by southerly gales.
These winds will ease to strong winds later tonight as the trough
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: