Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 27 March 2017
Today Tonight and Tuesday
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southeast 15 to 25 knots increasing to southeast 25 to 35 early this evening and to southeast 40 to 50 late this evening. Wind diminishing to southeast 25 to 35 early Tuesday morning and to south 15 to 25 late Tuesday morning. Wind diminishing to south 5 to 15 Tuesday evening.
Rain ending Tuesday evening. Visibility as low as 1 mile in rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine IslandIssued 1:05 PM PDT 27 March 2017
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 11:03 AM PDT 27 March 2017 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 11:00 a.m. PDT today frontal system located west of Bowie.
By noon PDT Tuesday frontal system located on a line north-south
over central Vancouver Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:13 AM PDT 27 March 2017 An approaching frontal system will track across the offshore waters
tonight. Ahead of the system, gale force southerlies will develop
over the offshore waters this afternoon and spread to central and
northern waters by this evening.
Southerly storm force winds will develop from Southern Hecate Strait
to the headlands of Vancouver Island after midnight tonight.
Winds will ease to moderate westerlies in the wake of the front on
In addition, as the frontal wave slides down the coast on Tuesday,
southeast gale force winds will develop over Northern Strait of
Georgia Tuesday morning.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: