Bowie - southern half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 23 August 2017
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 25 to 35 knots becoming westerly 25 this morning. Wind westerly 25 tonight. Wind westerly 20 increasing to southwest 20 to 30 Thursday afternoon.
A few showers beginning early this morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - southern halfIssued 04:00 AM PDT 23 August 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 23 August 2017 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today low 1004 mb located over northern Bowie.
By 5:00 a.m. PDT Thursday dissipating low 1008 mb located over
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
north-south over northern Vancouver Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:56 AM PDT 23 August 2017 A low over Northern Bowie is resulting in strong to gale force
southerlies for the northern offshore waters. These winds will
advance toward the North Coast through today.
Marginal gale force winds can also be expected through Juan de Fuca
strait late early this evening.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: