Bowie - southern half
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 22 March 2017
Today Tonight and Thursday
Wind southwest 20 to 30 knots diminishing to west 10 to 20 this evening then becoming southeast 5 to 15 late overnight. Wind increasing to easterly 20 to 30 Thursday morning.
A few showers.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 22 March 2017 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today trough located on a line north-south over
central Vancouver Island.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today departing trough located over the South
At 8:00 a.m. PDT Thursday cold front located off Explorer.
By 9:30 p.m. PDT Thursday cold front located on a line north-south
over eastern Queen Charlotte Sound.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:10 AM PDT 22 March 2017 A trough of low pressure over Vancouver Island will cross the South
Coast this afternoon. In its wake, westerly gales will develop over
the strait of Juan de Fuca late this afternoon and diminish in the
The next cold front will track across Explorer Thursday morning and
lie north-south over Eastern Queen Charlotte Sound by the evening.
Ahead of the front, gale force southeasterlies will develop over
Explorer Thursday morning and spread to central waters near noon.
Winds will increase to storm force southeasterlies in the afternoon
over West Vancouver Island North as the front approaches.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: