Bowie - southern half
Issued 10:30 AM PST 20 January 2017
Today Tonight and Saturday
Wind northeast 20 to 30 knots diminishing to northeast 10 to 20 this evening then veering to southeast 15 to 25 Saturday afternoon.
A few showers.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 20 January 2017 Today Tonight and Saturday At 10:30 a.m. PST today weakening frontal system located over
At 10:30 a.m. PST Saturday trough located south of Explorer.
By 9:30 p.m. PST Saturday trough located on a line east-west over
northern Vancouver Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:29 AM PST 20 January 2017 A frontal system over Explorer will weaken today. Easterly marginal
gales across Explorer and the southwest of Vancouver Island will
Ease to strong easterlies by this afternoon. Also, outflow gales
through Howe Sound will ease by this afternoon.
Arctic air over the Northern BC Interior will drive gale force
northerly outflow tonight into Saturday morning for Dixon
A trough of low pressure will approach Vancouver Island from the
south on Saturday morning and then move onto the Central Coast
Saturday evening. Gale force southeasterlies are expected for much
Of the South Coast waters during the day then spreading to central
waters late in the day.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: