Bowie - southern half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 28 August 2016
Today Tonight and Monday
Wind southwest 15 to 20 knots veering to west 15 to 25 early this evening then backing to southwest 10 to 20 near noon Monday.
A few showers.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 28 August 2016 Today Tonight and Monday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary low located over Bowie.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today cold front located 30 miles southwest of
Cape St. James.
By 5:00 p.m. PDT today cold front located on a line
northwest-southeast over Cape Scott.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:52 AM PDT 28 August 2016 A quasi-stationary low centre will remain over Bowie region today
through Monday. A cold front to the south of the low will move to
central BC waters later this morning. Strong to gale force
southeasterlies ahead of the front will shift to moderate to strong
southwesterlies in its wake.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: