Forecasts for western Yukon and northwestern British Columbia


* NOTE: Corrected and/or amended bulletins are listed first *

 
FPCN19 CWVR 222300
Forecasts for Western Yukon and Northwestern British Columbia issued
by Environment Canada at 4:00 p.m. PDT Tuesday 22 August 2017 for
tonight Wednesday and Wednesday night.
The next scheduled forecast will be issued at 5:00 a.m. PDT
Wednesday.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
MAJOR REFERENCE ELEVATIONS:
\  WHITEHORSE:                 703 METRES.
\  WHITE PASS:                1002 METRES.
\  CHILKAT PASS:              1065 METRES.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Whitehorse.
Tonight..Cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers. Wind south 20 km/h
 becoming light this evening. Low 9.
Wednesday..Mainly cloudy. 60 percent chance of showers late in the
 afternoon. Wind becoming south 20 km/h in the morning. High 15. UV
 index 3 or moderate.
Wednesday night..Mainly cloudy. 60 percent chance of showers in the
 evening. Wind southwest 20 km/h becoming light in the evening.
 Low 6.

Teslin.
Tonight..Cloudy. 70 percent chance of showers changing to 30 percent
 chance of showers overnight. Low 10.
Wednesday..Mainly cloudy. Wind becoming southwest 20 km/h late in the
 afternoon. High 14. UV index 3 or moderate.
Wednesday night..Cloudy. 60 percent chance of showers late in the
 evening and overnight. Wind southwest 20 km/h becoming light in the
 evening. Low 6.

Atlin.
Tonight..Cloudy. 60 percent chance of showers this evening and after
 midnight. Wind becoming southeast 20 km/h after midnight. Low 9.
Wednesday..Mainly cloudy. 40 percent chance of showers late in the
 afternoon. Wind southeast 20 km/h becoming light in the morning.
 Wind becoming southwest 30 gusting to 50 in the afternoon. High 14.
 UV index 3 or moderate.
Wednesday night..Cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers. Wind
 southwest 30 km/h gusting to 50 becoming light in the evening.
 Low 6.

Haines Junction.
Tonight..Mainly cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers. Low 6.
Wednesday..Mainly cloudy. 60 percent chance of showers in the
 morning. High 16. UV index 3 or moderate.
Wednesday night..Partly cloudy. Low plus 2.

Kluane Lake.
Tonight..Cloudy. 40 percent chance of showers this evening. Showers
 beginning late this evening. Wind southeast 20 km/h becoming light
 this evening. Low 9.
Wednesday..Showers ending in the morning then cloudy with 30 percent
 chance of showers. Becoming a mix of sun and cloud late in the
 afternoon. Wind becoming southeast 20 km/h late in the afternoon.
 High 16.
Wednesday night..Partly cloudy. Wind southeast 20 km/h becoming light
 in the evening. Low 6.

Pelly - Carmacks.
Tonight..Cloudy with 40 percent chance of showers this evening. Rain
 beginning late this evening. Risk of a thundershower this evening.
 Amount 5 to 10 mm. Low 10.
Wednesday..Rain ending late in the morning then cloudy with
 60 percent chance of showers. Risk of a thundershower late in the
 afternoon. Amount 5 to 10 mm. High 17.
Wednesday night..Mainly cloudy. 40 percent chance of showers early in
 the evening with risk of a thundershower. Low 7.

Faro - Ross River.
Tonight..Cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers this evening. Rain
 beginning near midnight. Amount 5 to 10 mm. Wind southeast 20 km/h
 gusting to 40 becoming light late this evening. Low 10.
Wednesday..Rain. Amount 15 to 25 mm. High 14.
Wednesday night..Cloudy with 60 percent chance of rain. Low 7.

Beaver Creek.
Tonight..Cloudy. 30 percent chance of showers changing to 70 percent
 chance of showers near midnight. Low 9.
Wednesday..Cloudy. 70 percent chance of showers early in the morning
 then 30 percent chance of showers in the morning. High 16.
Wednesday night..Partly cloudy. Low 6.

Mayo.
Tonight..Cloudy with 70 percent chance of showers. Low 11.
Wednesday..Cloudy. 70 percent chance of showers changing to
 30 percent chance of showers late in the morning. Risk of a
 thunderstorm in the afternoon. Wind becoming west 20 km/h in the
 afternoon. High 18.
Wednesday night..Mainly cloudy. 60 percent chance of showers early in
 the evening. Wind west 20 km/h becoming light in the evening. Low 8.

Dawson.
Tonight..Mainly cloudy. 40 percent chance of showers early this
 evening. 30 percent chance of showers overnight. Risk of
 thunderstorms over southern sections early this evening. Low 9.
Wednesday..Cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers. High 18.
Wednesday night..Partly cloudy. 40 percent chance of showers in the
 evening. Low 6.

Old Crow.
Tonight..Mainly cloudy. 30 percent chance of showers before morning.
 Low 9.
Wednesday..Mainly cloudy. 30 percent chance of showers early in the
 morning and late in the afternoon. High 15.
Wednesday night..Mainly cloudy. 30 percent chance of showers early in
 the evening. Low plus 4.

Dempster.
Tonight..Cloudy. 40 percent chance of showers this evening and after
 midnight. Risk of thunderstorms near the Ogilvie mountains this
 evening. Low 10.
Wednesday..Cloudy. 60 percent chance of showers late in the
 afternoon. Wind becoming north 20 km/h late in the afternoon.
 High 15.
Wednesday night..Cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers. Wind north
 20 km/h becoming light in the evening. Low 8.

End
$$$$^^

What we are doing

Features

UV Index and sun protection

Be weather wise!

Extreme Heat Protection

Be prepared!

Lightning Safety

When thunder roars, GO INDOORS!

Date modified: